Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ALICE (COGGSWELL) 1570-1616

[Ancestral Link: Lura Minnie Parker (Stagge), daughter of Minnie May Elmer (Parker), daughter of Mark Alfred Elmer, son of Hannah Polina Child (Elmer), daughter of Polly Barber (Child), daughter of Ichabod Barber, son of Mary Barney (Barber), daugther of Israel Barney, son of Elizabeth Brackett (Barney), daughter of Elizabeth Waldo (Brackett), daughter of Hannah Coggswell (Waldo), daughter of John Coggswell, son of Alice (Coggswell).]

Will of Alice Cogswell

"In the name of God, Amen. The 25th June 1615, I, Alice Cogeswell, of Westburie leighe, in the countie of Wilts, widowe, bequeath my soul to God & my bodie to be buried in the churchyaarde of Westburie. To my daughter Margaret, wife unto Thomas Marchaunt, £40, 2 pair of sheets, two pair of Pillstaxes, one of my best gownes & Petticoat. To Margery, Alice, Margaret, & Philadelphis, their children, £4 each. Unto Thomas, children, Wlizabeth Marcharnt, £20. To Elizabeth Erneley, £40, and sundry articles of linen. To Bridget, Catharine, Marie and Anne Erneley, £4 each. To Margery Wilkinge, her daughter, £40, & certain articles of linen. To Anthony & Anne, children of John Wilkinge, £4 each. To Anthony Cogeswell, £100, at the age of 23, and to have his livinge of Ludborne, when he is 21 years aged. To Jeffrey Cogswell at 23, £100. To each godchild twelve pence. I give unto the poore, 10s. I give unto Westburie Church, 10s. The residue of my estate to John Cogswell, my sonne, whom I appoint my Executor."

Signed, Alice Cogswell

Overseers: Jeffrey Whittaker, of Westburie; Anthony Selfe, of Dilton

The Will was proven and Probate - pending suit ­ was granted to John Cogswell, 11 May, 1616, and subsequent sentence admitted Walter Cogswell, a son not named in the Will.
found on ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment