Tuesday, August 30, 2011

THOMAS BLOWER 1556-1581

[Ancestral Link: Lura Minnie Parker (Stagge), daughter of Minnie May Elmer (Parker), daughter of Mark Alfred Elmer, son of Hannah Polina Child (Elmer), daughter of Polly Barber (Child), daughter of Ichabod Barber, son of Mary Barney (Barber), daugther of Israel Barney, son of Elizabeth Brackett (Barney), daughter of Josiah Brackett, son of Alice Blower (Brackett), daughter of Thomas Blower, son of Thomas Blower.]

Thomas Blower Sr and family
Thomas Blower [Parents] was born about 1545/1550 in Stanstead, Sussex, England. He died on 27 February 1581 in Stanstead, Sussex, England and was buried on 1 Octtober 1597 in , Lavenham, Suffolk, England. Thomas married Susannah Vincent on 27 February 1582 in Bildeston, Suffolk, England.

Susannah Vincent [Parents] was born in 1560 in Bildeston, Suffolk, England. She died after 1597 in Bildeston, Suffolk, England. Susannah married Thomas Blower on 27 February 1582 in Bildeston, Suffolk, England.

They had the following children:
F i Susanna Blower was born in 1582/1585 in Stanstead, Sussex, England.
M ii Thomas Blower was christened on 15 December 1585 in Stanstead, Suffolk, England. He died before 1587.
M iii Thomas Blower Jr. was born on 23 April 1587 and died in 1639.
M iv Caleb Blower was christened on 7 Jul 1588 in Stanstead, Suffolk, England. He died before 1597.
F v Alice Blower was christened on 15 March 1590 in Stanstead, Suffolk, England.
F vi Rachel Blower was christened on 12 October 1591 in Stanstead, Suffolk, England.
F vii Mary Blower was christened on 25 February 1593 in Stanstead, Suffolk, England.
M viii Blower was born about 1595 in Stanstead, Suffolk, England.
M ix Blower was born in 1597 in Stanstead, Sussex, England.
M x Child Blower was born about 1597 in Stanstead, Suffolk, England.
found on ancestry.com

Will of Thomas Blower
I, Thomas Blower of Lavenham in the County of Suffolk, Tanner, being sick in body but whole in mind ...

Item: I will that Susanna my wife pay unto John Blower my eldest son when he shall of the age of twenty-three years the sum of thirty pounds of good and lawful money of England and twenty pounds when he shall be of the age of twenty-five years and if yesaid John so long shall live. But if the foresaid John do die before either of ye payments grow due then I will his portion to be equally divided amongst my sons and daughters then shall be living.

Item: I will that my land lying in Melford holden of the parsons of Melford as these lands, be equally divided between my two sons John and Thomas Blower either of them paying out of it unto ye child that now Susan my wife is withall, if it happens to be a son and lives to ye age of twenty-three years, at ye age of twenty-three years fifteen pounds apiece and if it happens to be a daughter then either of them to pay unto it fifty shillings in good and lawful money of England and so then further to payunto their other four sisters; Susanna, Alice, Rachel and Mary Blower, fifty shillings apiece of like English money when they shall be of age of twenty-one years and if either of my said daughters die before then their portion be divided then I will that those of them that live until it be due shall equally enjoy their parts.

Item I will that Susanna my wife shall have to her and her heirs forever all that my tenment with ye land and pasture thereunto belonging situate lying and being in Stanstead with all my debts and other my moveable goods what so ever yelding and paying to that child that now is withall if it be a daughter at the age of twenty-one years the sum of five pounds of lawful English money and also to my other four daughters, Susanna, Alice Rachel and Mary like sums of five pounds apiece to be payed unto eitherof them at ye like age of twenty-one years.

And to this my last will I appoint and ordaine for my executors, Susanna Blower, my wife and Nicholas Vincent, brother unto ye fore named Susanna and in testimony that this is my will and testament I the fore said Thomas have set my hand these being witnesses:
John Day by me Thomas Blower John Wright

Proved 27 October 1597
found on ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment