Tuesday, August 30, 2011

PETER BRACKETT 1580-1616

[Ancestral Link: Lura Minnie Parker (Stagge), daughter of Minnie May Elmer (Parker), daughter of Mark Alfred Elmer, son of Hannah Polina Child (Elmer), daughter of Polly Barber (Child), daughter of Ichabod Barber, son of Mary Barney (Barber), daugther of Israel Barney, son of Elizabeth Brackett (Barney), daughter of Josiah Brackett, son of Roland Brackett, son of Peter Brackett.]
Photo of All Saints Church in Sudbury from httpcommons.wikimedia.orgwikiFileSudbury_-_Church_of_All_Saints.jpg This image was taken from the Geograph project collection. See this photograph's page on the Geograph website for the photographer's contact details. The copyright on this image is owned by Oxyman and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license.


Birth: 1585
Death: August 25, 1616, Sudbury, Suffolk, England



Son of Richard Brackett of Long Melford, County Suffolk.



First husband of Rachel ____, who subsequently married Martin Saunders and emigrated with him to New England.



Children: Peter Brackett Jr, Richard Brackett, Rachel Brackett Newcomb, and Jonathan Brackett.



Peter made his will on 18 August 1616 and died a week later and was buried on 25 August 1616. He was buried at All Saints, Sudbury, County Suffolk, England. The death date used is his burial date.



Peter Bracket will 1616:



"In the name of God amen in the year of our Lorde one thousand six hundred and sixtene, the of 8th day of August in the 14th year of the reign of his sovereign lorde Kinge James by the grace of god King of England, Scotland, France and Ireland defender of the faith viz of England the ffourteneth and of Scotland the ffiftyeth. I Peter Bracket of Sudburye in the countie of Suff and diocese of Norwich being sicke in bodie but whole in mynde being of perfect rememberance thanks be unto allmightie god doe ordaine and make this my testament and last will in maner and forme following. First I bequeath my soul to allmightie god trusting through his mercies in Christ Jesus to obtaine pardon and forgiveness of my synnse, my body to be buried in christian burial Item I will and my mynd is that Rachell my wiffe shall have all my goods, chattells and implements of householde in consideration that she shall bring up my children and pay unto every one of my children twentye shillings apeece as namelye Peter, Richard and Rachell and my will is that the childe wch my wiffe is wth childe wth shall have twenty shillings to be paid unto them at their severall ages of twenty and one years and if any of them doe dye before their portion to be divided among them that shalbe living Item I will and my mynde is that my Father Richard Bracket shall have the rents of my house in the parish of St. Peters in Sudburye wherein one Martyn London now dwelleth during his naturall liffe and after his decease I will and my minde is that my said house shalbe sold by my wiffe and the money thereof to be devided amonge my children that shalbe then liveing and my will is that my eldest sonne Peter Brackett shall have five pounds more than the residue. Item I ordaine and make Rachell my loving wiffe to be executrix of this my last will and testament.Peter Bracket



Sealed and delivered … will and testament in the presence of Rychard Bracket ... Ruggle William Strutt


Edward Strachie Thomas Grigges"



Proved 28 August 1616.



This will was transcribed by me, William Brackett, from a copy of the original in August of 2010.



Burial: All Saints Churchyard, Sudbury, Suffolk, England
Find A Grave Memorial# 54234701

found on findagrave.com



ST. Peter's Church, Sudbury, Suffolk, England,
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/2806/stpeter.jpg
from ANCESTORS OF WINSLOW FARR SR. AND OLIVE HOVEY FREEMAN sketch signed by Peter Brackett?

Short Life/will
1616
Fifty Great Migration Colonists to New England
Title: Fifty Great Migration Colonists to New England & Their Origins
Author: John Brooks Threlfall
Publication: Madison, Wisconsin 1990
Page: Page 80

Peter had a short life. He evidently became ill and made his will 18 August 1616. He died a week later. Three days after his burial, his widow proved the will.

Peter Brackett's will reads: 8 August 1616 - I Peter Brackett of Sudbury in the countie of Suff and diocesse of Norwich being sicke in bodie but whole in minde ... Rachell my wiffe shall have all my goods chattells and impliments of householde in consideration that she shall bringe up my children and pay unto every one of my children twentye shillings apeece as namely Peter Richard and Rachell and my will is that that childe wch my wiffe is wth childe wth shall have twenty shillings to be paid unto them at their severall ages of Twenty and one yeares and if any of them doe dye before their portion to be divided among them that shalbe liveing. Item I will and my mynde is that my father Richard Bracket shall have the rente of my house in the pishe of St. Peters in Sudburye wherein one Martyn London now dwelleth during his naturall life and after his deceasse I will and my minde is that my said house shalbe solde by my wiffe and the money thereof to be devided amonge my children that shalbe then living and my will is that my eldest sonne Peter Bracket shall have ffive pounds more then the residue. Item I ordaine and make Rachell my Loving wiffe to be executrix of this my last will and testament. Signed Peter Bracket Witnesses: ... Ruggles, Rychard Bracket, Thomas Grigges, Edward Strachie and William Strutt. Proved 28 Aug 1616
found on ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment