Tuesday, August 16, 2011

ROBERT BIRD 1555-1622

[Ancestral Link: Lura Minnie Parker (Stagge), daughter of Minnie May Elmer (Parker), daughter of Mark Alfred Elmer, son of William Elmer, son of John Elmer, son of Mary Kibbe (Elmer), daughter of Daniel Kibbe, son of Hannah Kelsey (Kibbe), daughter of Hannah Ingersol (Kelsey), daughter of Dorothy Lord (Ingersoll), daughter of Dorothy Bird (Lord), daughter of Robert Bird.]

Will of Robert Bird

His will of 18 July 1622, probated 1 October 1622, calls him a joiner. Digest: I desire to be buried in the churchyard of Towcester...to my wife Amye Bird all my household goods I possessed when my daughter Ferris Tight, widow, was married to her late husband George Tight...to my daughter Lord, wife of Thomas Lord of Towcester, 40 shillings...the residue of my goods to my daughter Perris Tight to bring up her seven fatherless children, and I make her executrix.

Search of the early Bird wills of Northhamptonshire does not reveal his ancestry, but it may be that he was of the Benefield Bird family in that county. Ancestry.com - Ancestry of Edward Wales Blake and Clarissa Matilda Glidden, pg. 47
found on ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment