Friday, October 21, 2011

JOHN HAMMOND 1510-1550

[Ancestral Link: Lura Minnie Parker (Stagge), daughter of Minnie May Elmer (Parker), daughter of Mark Alfred Elmer, son of William Elmer, son of John Elmer, son of Mary Kibbe (Elmer), daughter of Daniel Kibbe, son of Hannah Kelsey (Kibbe), daughter of Stephen Kelsey, son of William Kelsey, son of Elizabeth Hammond (Kelsey), daughter of Thomas Hammond, son of John Hammond.]

ALSO FOUND ON MILLER-AANDERSON.BLOGSPOT.COM

John Hammond
1910, Page 2189
From “Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of the State of Massachusetts” (1910), Volume IV, by Richard Cutter, William Frederick Adams, page 2189:

"John Hammond lived in Melford, England, and there is little doubt that he was John Hammond, the fuller and cloth manufacturer who is mentioned in the Melford records, and who was named as executor in the will of John Hammond the elder, of Melford, dated August 4, 1517, proved April 22, 1528. He may have been the son of this John, although he is not mentioned as a son in the will. John the elder was of the Lawshall family of Hammonds who trace their ancestry back to the year 1400. In any event he was undoubtedly a near relative and without doubt a descendant of the John Hammond of Lawshall whose will was proved December 19, 1440, and who was born before 1400."

Extract from “Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of the State of Massachusetts”, Volume IV, by Richard Cutter, William Frederick Adams
found on ancestry.com

Will
The following abstract of John's will was furnished by Major Henry C. Malden, a brother-in-law of Reverend Canon Thomas Scott, Rector of Lavenham, in 1897, and is dated December 22, 1550:"I John Hamond, of Lavenham, Clothier, &c."I give and bequeathe to Agnes my weif œ30.I give and bequeathe to Wilm Hamond my son œ5, to be paide hym at the age of 21 yeres.I give and bequeathe to Elizabeth, Margaret and Johane, my daughters, to every one of them œ6. 8s 4d, to be paide them at the age of 21 yeres.I give and bequeathe to Thomas Hamond, my son my house in Melford, late John Hamonde my ffathers, holdyn by coype of Courte Rolle now of my Lady Mary's grace, to enter at the age of 21 yeres.I give and bequeathe to my said sonne Thomas œ4I appoint my wyfe Agnes and my sonne Willm executors of this my last Will.
found on ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment